Home| About TFAC | Exhibits| Programs| History | Festival | Artists | Gift Shop| Contact
Hughes Studio Info:
Anthia Hughes opened her McMinnville portrait studio in 1898, and began capturing the people of Middle Tennessee on glass film negatives.
Anthia’s youngest daughter, Willie, joined her in the business several years later. Willie attended W.S. “Dad” Lively’s Southern School of Photography in 1918.
Included in the permanent collection is an exquisite example of the work created by the two women.
Printed in the 1990s by Photographer Bonnie Davis using a restored Hughes glass negative.
TFAC permanent collection
Artist: Christine Koczwara
First Female Artist to be commissioned to a combat zone to record U.S. efforts in Vietnam.
Donated by Col. William Rennhack
Donated by Gloria Gordon
Artist: Max Cummings
Created with a grant from the Tennessee Arts Commission Hosted by MidTnn.net Design by Russel Mobley
Copyright © 2001 – 2006, Tullahoma Fine Arts Center, 401 South Jackson Street, Tullahoma, TN 37388 Phone: 931.455.1234.