In virtual dating, men tend to make mistakes more often than women. This happens, mostly, due to the fact that men have lower level of the so-called emotional intelligence than women do. Therefore, some may be really clumsy at complimenting, while others become shy and seem cold and uninterested. However, there are several severe mistakes that every man should avoid while in a video chat.
Video dating tips
- Don’t discuss her appearance. It is not necessary to list the physical parameters that you would like to see in the ideal woman. Such claims usually cause a repulsive effect. Even a girl who looks like a supermodel feels uncomfortable with impressive list of requirements.
- Don’t ask about weight. This should not be asked unless you are in a group of anonymous fat people trying to lose weight.
- Be careful talking about your hobbies. Basically, telling about hobbies is totally fine, until you keep a healthy ratio of mutual exchange of phrases. Not a single woman will be able to listen to your lecture about football during an hour. Be polite and interested and discuss her hobbies as well.
- Be positive. Positive talk is a guarantee of a good first impression. Also, never complain about your former girlfriends, wives, lovers, whatever. If you had a bad day, you can sincerely say so, but remember you’re not having a psychotherapy session here.
- Don’t talk about intimate relations during the first several video sessions, unless you both are looking for flirting, or for an affair. So make sure you know each other’s intentions in the chat. Anyways, such talks require some trust to be built first.
- Don’t be intrusive. It is not necessary to call again and again, to find out why the girl does not respond. Perhaps she is busy, or has no internet connection, or her cat is sick. Or you have bored her to death last time and she does not want to answer.
- Questions about other respondents. If you care how many other chats the girl might have, you are not confident enough. If you provide really interesting communication, her full attention will be yours.
- Standard phrases. Busy men sometimes find it difficult to make up different messages to different girls. But at least take an effort to do this. Standard phrases will have any effect but the one you want. Also, don’t confuse a name while chatting online.
- Be rational. It’s not worth chatting with everyone. All the same, there will be no possibility of quality communication and further meeting with each of them. It is better to concentrate on those who really sparks interest. Dating on the Internet is not quantity to quality case.
Video dating for men is very useful option. So be intelligent, polite, attentive, and honest. That will help you to find a pleasant partner for future communication. The most important thing is to understand who exactly you would like to find. This certainty will help avoid misunderstandings in future.